The BEACON is a non-profit, ecumenical body, established primarily to provide food and emergency financial assistance to those in need, to include providing for the social, physical and emotional needs of the most vulnerable citizens of the Greater Brunswick Community.
The BEACON shall endeavor to enable those in need to make positive changes in their personal lives, thus improving the quality of life in our community.
BEACON is the umbrella organization for the Brunswick Food Bank and the Emergency Relief Fund.
The Emergency Relief Fund (ERF )works closely with other service organizations to provide financial assistance for such needs as rental assistance, security deposits, and utility bills.
The BEACON is exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. It is guided by the principles of love and governed by an elected Board of Officers and Directors. Contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by the Federal and State Law.
Some of our ministries include:
- Coordinating an annual school supply drive for local students
- Sponsoring an annual fall gathering for Brunswick’s senior citizens.
- Assisting with the distribution of annual Thanksgiving baskets.
- Coordinating community Secret Santa for the children of the Greater Brunswick community.
- Encouraging ecumenical Thanksgiving Eve service.